Campaign for the New London Public Library
THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY
The New London Public Library serves the City of New London and surrounding area with lifelong learning opportunities for all ages. First State Bank gifted their current 26,000 square foot, two story building located on North Water Street to the New London Public Library in April 2022. This generous gift will allow everything in the current library and the needed technology spaces that have been in the planning stage for the last three years to be housed under one roof. The bank building will be remodeled to fit the needs of the library.
The remodeled building will include:
• STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) area for discovery/learning opportunities
• Spaces to learn, explore, share and create
• Expanded adult services area
• Space for teens/young adults to gather
• A greatly expanded children’s area including interactive play and a program room
• A community meeting room with a kitchen for educational and organizational events
• A space to create and edit music
• A video room with a green screen and equipment to create and edit videos
• More computers for public use
• Small meeting rooms that can be used for study groups, tutoring, mentoring, etc.
• All the books, magazines, DVDs, etc. housed in the current library building
The museum will move from their current location to occupy the entire building.
The volunteer fund raising committee approved by the Board of the New London Library/Museum has raised about $2.3 million for the remodeling project. We need another $1.2 million to accomplish our goal. We know the remodeled building will be the heart of the downtown area and a source of pride for our citizens.
We are launching the 100 Extraordinary Women initiative to honor 100+ women by a donation of $1,000. Donate on behalf of any extraordinary woman, whether yourself or a loved one, or donate in their memory. For more information on how to donate, click here for our pledge sheet or donate via PayPal below.
There will be a wonderful celebration at the end of this campaign. Each $1,000 donation equals one seat at the celebration for the honoree or the donor.
A list of the 100 Extraordinary Women will be placed in a prominent location in the new library and the 100EW will sponsor the STEAM room (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math).
100EW empowers women to come together to support a project we believe in AND creates a bigger impact than we could do on our own. When women come together—extraordinary things can happen!!
For more information contact Connie Jess Zolkoske (Chair 100EW) OR Ann Hunt (Library Director) 920-982-8519